The Dydnia Commune
The Dydnia Commune, located in the San River-basin, is unusually attractive taking into account it's touristist qualities. Numerous strands of hills (exceeding the height of 500 meters) divide valleys of rivers and streams. On the San River, through which one can cross with a ferry in the Krzemienna village - or with the pendant foot-bridge in Witryłów, lie superb places for rest and various forms of recreation. Tourists, infatuated in beauty of this region, buy more and more often recreational plots along the San River, on which they build holiday cottages. In many places there are precious monuments - witnesses of long-ago and recent, not seldom stormy history making events in this region lying on the borderland of Polish, Ruthenian, and Ukrainian influences. This is why both lovers of nature and monuments, anglers, hunters, kayakers, whether cyclists, and the all, who wish to spend their free time in silence and calm, will find something for themselves here.
It is worth to see
- 19th-century neoclassical brick - mansion, renewed in fifites, surrounded with an old park; close by - 19th-century granary.
- St. Michael Archangel and St. Anna's neogothic brick - church consecrated in 1882; close by - a wooden presbytery in the Zakopane style (1917) - and a 19th-century granary.
- Wooden church (1642-31) of the Holy Virgin Mary, transfered from Grabownica Starzeńska in 1921.
- Stone- brick- Greek Catholic church of St. Nicolae (1864) together with a belfry; abandoned after 1947.
- 18th-century brick-mansion, rebuilt after 1914; one-storeyed with habitable garret; once the property of Sonecki, Jaruntowski and Kraiński families; inside 2 19th-century fire-places; park with old oaks in environment scenery and pond.
- Wooden church of the Częstochowska God's Mother (1936-39) in national style (design: Bogdan Treter), modeled on architecture of the Tatra Highlands' churches; close by - a 19th-century figure of Virgin God's Mother.
- Wooden church (former Orthodox one) of Christ's Transfiguration (since 1927); inside baroque-altar (1736) from Orthodox church in Ulucz; in a belfry a bell from 1712.
- Neoclassical brick-mansion from the turn of 18th and 19th centuries; once the property of Korczyński and Reitzenstein families, at present restored; in environment scenery an 18th-century park with two unshaved ponds and with a brick-annexe.
- Mass-chapel abandoned since 1939, founded by Nowak family.
- 19th-century mansion, the property of Bobczyński and Dydyński families; close by - park, ponds and walk inlaid with decorated trees.
- Wooden church of Adhibition of God's Mother to Temple from 1867 (former Ortodox church); In side-altar a 16th-century painting "Greeting of Three Kings".
- 19th-century wayside-figure with the Gozdawa coat of arms on a column.
- Wooden church of Gracious God's Mother (former Ortodox church) from 1759.
- Brick - building from 1868, once belonging to Dydyński grange.
- 19th-century mansion, the property of Wiktor and Kraiński families to 1945; remains of park in surroundings; kept old trees (elms, oaks, lime-trees),traces of walk and terraces, partly unshaved pond.
- Wooden church of God's Mother of Angels form 1827.
- Wooden church of Annunciation of Holy Virgin Mary from 1828 (once Orthodox church); inside - remains of a 19th-century polychromy and two 19th-century wooden inscription epitaphs.
- Fragment of 19th-century brick-mansion; in surroundings - remains of park and overgrowing pond; close by - small wooden church of God's Mother ("Ostrobramska").
- One of the most precious monuments of Podkarpacie Region, the oldest wooden Orthodox church of Christ's Ascension in Poland; built in years 1510-1517, rebuilt in 17th century and 19th century, used to 1947; restored in sixties; at present the property of the Museum of Folk Architecture in Sanok; the temple surrounded with old trees; located on the Dębnik Hill.
- Close by the Orthodox church - small brick-chapel and several 19th- and 20th-century tombstones.
- Wooden church (former Orthodox church) of Archangel Michael from 1812, rebuilt in the beginning of 20th century; inside - precious, from both sides painted, 19th-century procession cross.
- Remains of 19th-century mansion-set (cellar, park).
- Three small 19th-century brick- chapels (one with two towers facade).
John Paul II the Honourable Citizen of the Dydnia Commune.
- brick- mansion of Sękowski family from 1845, rebuilt in 1920; one-storeyed with habitable garret; inside - an 18th-century chest of drawers and five paintings: two late classical landscapes and three portraits; the mansion belonged to an outstanding chemist Prof. Kazimierz Blade. President of Poland Ignacy Mościcki and writer Melchior Wańkowicz stayed there like other famous guests.
The Dydnia Board of Commissioners with it's chairman Piotr Szul during the session on 22nd September, 2001 granted to Pope John Paul II the Title of Honourable Citizen of the Dydnia Commune. Diploma on parchment, framed in leather had been handed to the Saint Father by the chairman of the Dydnia Commune Jerzy F. Adamski, his deputy chairman Stanislaw Palys, and the deputy chairman of the Dydnia Board of Commissioners Marek Bocoń on 21st August 2001, during the audience in Castel Gandolfo, private summer - residence of the Pope. John Paul II received as a gift from the Commune - an oil-painting made by Henryk Cipora from Krzywe, presenting an Orthodox church in Ulucz, a set of decorated Easter eggs made by Janina Zubel from Jabłonka, and a loaf of rustic bread baked by Krystyna Dmitrzak from Jabłonka. Besides, a brass band acting at the Voluntary Fire Brigade, directed by Zygmunt Podulka, gave two concerts for the Pope, the first one during the audience in Castel Gandolfo, and the second one - during the prayer "Ave Maria" onnext day, making a furore among pilgrims, and deserving Papal Greeting.
- Beautiful landscapes are the advantage of the Dydnia Commune.
Photo: I. Witowicz
- Wydrna. The mansion of Sękowski Family.
- Ulucz. The Ortodox church.
- Jabłonka. The parish church.
Gmina Dydnia wśród Najlepszych
Zwycięstwo naszej gazety